Jake Cohen is a fearless trial attorney representing injured or wronged people in civil litigation, focusing on catastrophic consumer/personal injury cases, including wrongful death, auto-accident, trip-and-fall, slip-and-fall, dog-attacks, defective products, class action, and mass torts cases. He has recovered millions of dollars for personal injury victims and is an accomplished practicing jury trial lawyer. Jake’s overlying goal is to help injured or wronged people, individually, or as a part of a class of people, to achieve justice by providing them aggressive representation and a voice to stand up to insurance companies and exploitative corporations.
Jake grew up in Venice Beach, California and graduated from UC Santa Barbara with a BA in Political Science, then graduated Cum Laude with his Juris Doctorate from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. Jake has worked full-time from the age of 16 until completion of law school to finance his education in many roles, including as a personal trainer and in hospitality and restaurants. His many honors and awards include being selected as Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (A.B.O.T.A.) Los Angeles chapter, selection to the 2020 and 2021 SuperLawyers Southern California Rising Star List, as well as being published in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’s (C.A.A.L.A.) Advocate magazine.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2020 - present
- Selected as Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (A.B.O.T.A.) – Los Angeles Chapter
- Graduated Cum Laude at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, admitted to the Dean’s List, Dean’s Scholarship
- Published in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles’s (C.A.A.L.A.)Advocate magazine
- University of California Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science – 2008
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D. – 2014
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
- The American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- The State Bar of California
- United States District Courts of California
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG)