Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers
Injured By Another’s Negligence? Our Team Can Help.
For over two decades, Robins Cloud LLP has been giving consumers and workers a voice when an act of negligence pits them against a large corporation. Our skilled and dedicated attorneys have handled major litigation for victims harmed by corporate wrongdoing, defective drugs and medical devices, asbestos exposure resulting in mesothelioma, major vehicle accidents, nursing home abuse, and other personal injury matters.
Our team at Robins Cloud LLP understands how the struggles you are facing after a serious accident change your life forever and are here to offer our full support to you during this time. Whether you simply have questions or are already starting your claim, reach out for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. When negligence takes a toll on the innocent, we are on call.
Personal Injury Cases We Take
If you suffered a severe injury or lost a loved one in an accident, our attorneys are here to protect your right to compensation. We have decades of combined experience working with injury victims to fight for fair compensation. At Robins Cloud LLP, we represent plaintiffs in cases involving:
- Aviation accidents: These involve incidents related to aircraft, including crashes, malfunctioning equipment, pilot error, or negligence by aviation personnel or companies.
- Bicycle accidents: Cases where cyclists are injured due to collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, hazardous road conditions, or faulty bike parts.
- Car accidents: Occur due to various factors like speeding, drunk driving, distracted driving, or road defects, resulting in injuries to drivers, passengers, or pedestrians.
- Construction accidents: Injuries sustained on construction sites due to falls, equipment malfunction, inadequate safety measures, or employer negligence.
- Dangerous drugs: Lawsuits related to pharmaceuticals that cause unexpected side effects, severe illnesses, or injuries to consumers.
- Defective medical devices: Cases involving faulty medical devices or implants that lead to complications, injuries, or further health issues.
- Motorcycle accidents: Similar to car accidents but involving motorcycles, often resulting in severe injuries due to lack of protection.
- Nursing home abuse: Injuries or neglect suffered by elderly residents in nursing homes due to mistreatment, neglect, or inadequate care.
- Pedestrian accidents: Cases where pedestrians are hit by vehicles due to driver negligence, poor road conditions, or lack of proper pedestrian infrastructure.
- Premises liability: Refers to injuries sustained on someone else's property due to hazards like slippery floors, inadequate security, or unsafe conditions.
- Product liability: Lawsuits against manufacturers or sellers of defective products causing injuries or harm to consumers.
- Trucking accidents: Involves collisions with large commercial trucks, often leading to severe injuries or fatalities due to the size and weight of these vehicles.
- Traumatic brain injury: Cases involving severe head injuries resulting in cognitive, physical, or emotional impairment, often due to accidents or blunt force trauma.
- Wrongful death: Legal action taken when a person dies due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another party, seeking compensation for the deceased's family.
If your accident or injury is not listed above, we may still be able to help. Do not hesitate to reach out; we’re here to answer any questions you have.
California Personal Injury Laws
Personal injury refers to any physical or mental harm caused to an individual due to the negligence or intentional actions of another party. It encompasses a wide range of incidents where a person suffers harm, and they may seek legal recourse to obtain compensation for their injuries.
The first thing to determine is whether you have a personal injury claim to make. The four points below can clarify whether you are eligible to file for compensation:
- Another party owed you a “duty of care.” This does not have to be a personal, individual duty. For example, anyone who drives owes a duty of care to other road users—they cannot speed, run stoplights, or do anything else that would endanger someone else.
- That duty of care was breached. You must clearly show negligence on the other party’s behalf.
- This negligence caused your injuries. There must be a clear link between the other party’s actions (or failure to act) and the way you were hurt.
- You suffered damages due to the injury. Damages can include things like hospital bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
California follows a "pure comparative fault" rule, allowing injured parties to seek compensation even if they were partially at fault for the accident. However, the amount of compensation is reduced by their percentage of fault.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in California?
How long you have to file a claim is determined by the statute of limitations. According to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in the state of California is two years.
The statute of limitations is a law which limits how long injury victims have to file a personal injury claim. More specifically, this means you have two years from the date your injuries were inflicted to file your claim, or you will lose your right to file and your right to pursue compensation. It’s important to note that there are exceptions that can change this time limit. The most notable exceptions include:
- If the injury victim was under the age of 18 at the time of the accident
- If the injury victim could not have reasonably known they had suffered harm
- If the alleged negligent party leaves the state of California before a claim could be filed
The statute of limitations has a big impact on your ability to file a claim so it’s important to speak to a member if our legal team about the specifics of your case as soon as you can. Robins Cloud LLP offers free, no-obligation consultations so you have nothing to lose by contacting our firm today!
Helping Victims Fight for Maximum Compensation
Severe injuries can have a ripple effect, indirectly causing substantial changes across many aspects of your life. Finding justice and compensation for your injuries can provide emotional closure as well as ensuring you are cared for now and in the future.
If you’re facing such a prospect, Robins Cloud LLP is here to help you with our substantial skill and resources. Our team takes serious cases, keeping our workload manageable so we can dedicate all our time to protecting your rights. We’re a formidable opponent in the courtroom, and we share one common mission: getting our clients the compensation they deserve.
The victims of negligence are often eligible to recover damages including:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Loss of life enjoyment
When Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
No one is legally required to work with a lawyer to file an injury claim, but we recommend it for multiple reasons. For one, our team can take the phone calls and paperwork off your hands, so you can dedicate your energy to recovering. We can also help you identify the multiple types of compensation you are eligible for and negotiate with an insurer. Bringing an attorney to the table, especially one from a well-known firm like Robins Cloud LLP, shows you are serious about receiving the settlement you need.
If all these statements are true, you should reach out to a personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles. Our firm has provided results-focused representation to injury victims for over 20 years. We can help you, too.
Here's how we can assist:
- Experience: Our team comprises experienced attorneys who specialize in personal injury law. We bring a depth of knowledge and understanding of California's legal landscape, enabling us to navigate the complexities of your case effectively.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: We take charge of investigating your case thoroughly. From gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, to assessing the extent of your injuries, we ensure that no crucial detail is overlooked.
- Understanding of Case Value: Determining the true value of your claim can be challenging. We use our expertise to assess all aspects, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future damages, to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Negotiation Skills: Our lawyers are skilled negotiators. We engage with insurance companies and other parties involved to negotiate settlements that adequately compensate you for your injuries, sparing you the stress of handling these negotiations on your own.
- Trial Experience: While many cases settle out of court, having trial experience is crucial. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our attorneys are prepared to represent you in court and fight for your rights and compensation before a judge and jury.
- Peace of Mind: Dealing with the aftermath of an injury can be overwhelming. Having a dedicated legal team handling your case can provide peace of mind, allowing you to focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects.
- Maximizing Compensation: Our goal is to maximize the compensation you receive. We work diligently to ensure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
Get started with a free consultation: Call us at (800) 691-2363 to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers at no obligation. From our Los Angeles office, we handle claims in California and beyond.
Experience You Can Trust
We've handled some of the most complex mesothelioma, personal injury, and fire lawsuit cases in the country. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we know what it takes to win in court.
We'll Come to You
If you've been injured or need legal assistance and are in another state, please feel free to contact our team. We're committed to meeting our clients where it's most convenient for them.
Helping People Recover Their Losses
Over the past three decades, we've assisted our clients in a variety of different practice areas. Regardless of the size or complexity of your case, we have the resources and fortitude needed to represent your best interest and fight for what you deserve.
We're Here For Our Clients 24/7
We often provide our clients with our direct cell phone numbers so that they can easily get in contact with our staff when it's most convenient for them.