Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyers
Helping Victims of Bus Accidents in Los Angeles, CA
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bus accident, you need to know that you have the right to compensation. At Robins Cloud LLP, we are here to help you. We know how to navigate the complex legal system to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. If you were injured on a school bus, you have the right to seek compensation from the school district. If you were injured on a passenger bus, you may be able to seek compensation from the bus driver's employer.
Our firm know how to effectively handle these cases. We can help you prove the bus driver or bus company was negligent, which will make it easier to recover compensation for your injuries. Our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers are ready to fight for you.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
A bus accident refers to any incident involving a bus, typically a large vehicle designed to carry multiple passengers, that results in property damage, injuries, or fatalities. Bus accidents can involve different types of buses, including city buses, school buses, intercity coaches, tour buses, and public transit vehicles.
Some of the most frequent causes of bus accidents include:
- Driver error: Human error remains a leading cause of bus accidents. This can include distracted driving, fatigue, speeding, reckless driving, improper lane changes, failure to yield, and other traffic violations.
- Passenger behavior: Unruly or disruptive behavior by passengers can distract the driver and compromise the safety of the bus.
- Fatigue and driver hours: Bus drivers who are overworked or suffer from fatigue may experience decreased reaction times and impaired decision-making abilities, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Alcohol or drug impairment: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can significantly impair a bus driver's ability to operate the vehicle safely.
- Poor weather conditions: Adverse weather, such as heavy rain, snow, ice, or fog, can reduce visibility and road traction, leading to an increased risk of accidents.
- Mechanical failures: Bus accidents can result from mechanical issues such as brake failure, tire blowouts, steering problems, engine malfunctions, or other equipment failures.
- Road conditions: Poorly maintained or damaged roads, potholes, uneven surfaces, and inadequate road signs can contribute to accidents involving buses.
- Pedestrian or cyclist involvement: Accidents can occur when a bus collides with pedestrians or cyclists due to blind spots, inattentiveness, or failure to yield.
- Other driver behavior: Negligence by drivers of other vehicles, such as sudden lane changes, running red lights, or failure to yield the right of way, can lead to accidents involving buses.
- Bus design and maintenance: Inadequate bus maintenance or design flaws can lead to accidents, such as faulty brakes, worn-out tires, or issues with the vehicle's stability.
- Inadequate training: Insufficient or improper training of bus drivers can result in accidents due to the inability to handle challenging situations on the road.
Common Bus Accident Injuries
Bus accidents are often severe because of the sheer size of the vehicles involved. The large buses used for school buses are designed to transport many passengers at once. When they get into accidents, they can easily cause catastrophic injuries. Our Los Angeles bus accident attorneys know the injuries that are most common in these incidents.
- Head injuries: The sheer size of the buses can cause significant head injuries, including brain injuries. These injuries can be life-altering, causing permanent disabilities and requiring long-term care.
- Spinal cord injuries: The same forces that cause head injuries can also cause spinal cord injuries. These injuries can leave victims paralyzed from the neck down.
- Broken bones: The sheer force of the impact can cause broken bones, which can be life-threatening if they strike the wrong places. Broken bones can require long-term care and ongoing treatment.
- Internal injuries: The impact of a bus accident can cause internal injuries that do not show up on X-rays. These injuries can cause severe damage to internal organs, which can lead to death.
- Lacerations and other soft tissue injuries: The bus driver and passengers might be thrown around the bus during the accident, causing lacerations and other soft tissue injuries.
Who is Liable in a Bus Accident?
The bus driver is almost always liable for a bus accident. However, they might not be the only one liable. In some cases, the bus driver's employer can also be held liable for the accident. If a bus driver is working overtime or is on the clock, the bus company might be liable for the driver's actions.
In most cases, the bus driver, school district, and bus company are all liable for the accident. This can make it difficult to determine who should pay for your injuries. Our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers can help you sort through the details of your case and find the liable parties.
How Can We Help?
At Robins Cloud LLP, we know what it takes to win a bus accident case. Our Los Angeles bus accident lawyers can help you recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We can help you get the compensation you deserve, even if the bus driver and school district claim they are not liable.
Experience You Can Trust
We've handled some of the most complex mesothelioma, personal injury, and fire lawsuit cases in the country. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we know what it takes to win in court.
We'll Come to You
If you've been injured or need legal assistance and are in another state, please feel free to contact our team. We're committed to meeting our clients where it's most convenient for them.
Helping People Recover Their Losses
Over the past three decades, we've assisted our clients in a variety of different practice areas. Regardless of the size or complexity of your case, we have the resources and fortitude needed to represent your best interest and fight for what you deserve.
We're Here For Our Clients 24/7
We often provide our clients with our direct cell phone numbers so that they can easily get in contact with our staff when it's most convenient for them.