Los Angeles Burn Injury Lawyer
Helping Burn Victims Seek Compensation in Los Angeles
Burn injuries are some of the most devastating injuries a person can suffer. They can result in permanent scarring, disfigurement, and loss of function. In the most severe cases, burn injuries can even result in death.
No one should have to suffer from such a life-altering injury, but when they do, they should know that they have a legal right to seek compensation. At Robins Cloud LLP, our Los Angeles burn injury lawyer is here to help you get the compensation you deserve. We know how to build a case and will fight to get you the maximum settlement you are owed.
What Causes Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries can be caused by a wide variety of accidents.
The following are the common causes of burn injuries:
- Thermal burns: These occur when the skin comes into contact with flames, hot objects, or liquids. Instances include touching hot stoves, spilling boiling water, or exposure to fire.
- Chemical burns: Contact with strong acids, alkalis, or corrosive substances leads to chemical burns, commonly seen in homes, laboratories, or industrial settings.
- Electrical burns: Caused by electric current passing through the body, these injuries stem from faulty electrical appliances, exposed wires, or lightning strikes.
- Radiation burns: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun or artificial sources like tanning beds can lead to radiation burns.
- Contact with hot objects: Burns can also happen by touching hot metal, glass, or cooking utensils.
- Scald burns: Similar to thermal burns, these result from contact with hot liquids, such as boiling water, hot oil, or steam. Kitchen accidents or spills often cause scald burns.
- Friction burns: Occurring when skin rubs against rough surfaces, friction burns result from motorcycle or bicycle accidents, causing road rash.
- Flash burns: Brief exposure to intense heat or flames, such as during explosions or flash fires, causes flash burns.
- Inhalation injuries: Inhaling hot air, smoke, or toxic fumes during a fire can result in burns to the respiratory tract, posing life-threatening risks.
- Overexposure to extreme temperatures: Experiencing prolonged exposure to extremely cold temperatures (frostbite) or extremely hot environments (heatstroke) can cause burns as well.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can vary in severity. They can range from first-degree burns to third-degree burns. They can be partial or full-thickness. They can be caused by heat, electricity, chemicals, and more. It is important to know the type of burn injury you have suffered because this will determine how much compensation you can seek.
There are three main types of burn injuries:
- First-degree burns: These burns are the least severe and are characterized by redness and pain. They are caused by heat and are not typically life-threatening. These burns typically heal within a few days without scarring.
- Second-degree burns: These burns are characterized by redness and blisters. They can cause pain, swelling, and loss of function. Healing time varies depending on the depth and extent of the burn. Superficial second-degree burns can take several weeks to heal, while deep second-degree burns may require several months and can cause scarring.
- Third-degree burns: These burns are the most severe and extend through the entire thickness of the skin, damaging the underlying tissues, nerves, and blood vessels. The skin may appear white, blackened, or charred, and there may be a lack of sensation due to nerve damage. These burns require immediate medical attention and often necessitate specialized care such as skin grafting or reconstructive surgery. Healing is slow, and scarring is almost certain.
Why You Need a Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, it's essential to have a skilled attorney by your side who understands the nuances of personal injury law in California.
At Robins Cloud LLP, we believe in providing comprehensive legal representation to burn injury victims. Our process begins with a thorough investigation of the incident to gather evidence and establish liability. We work with a network of experts, including medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists, to strengthen your case and ensure that no detail goes unnoticed.
Learn more about your legal options by contacting our Los Angeles burn injury lawyer at (800) 691-2363 today.
Experience You Can Trust
We've handled some of the most complex mesothelioma, personal injury, and fire lawsuit cases in the country. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we know what it takes to win in court.
We'll Come to You
If you've been injured or need legal assistance and are in another state, please feel free to contact our team. We're committed to meeting our clients where it's most convenient for them.
Helping People Recover Their Losses
Over the past three decades, we've assisted our clients in a variety of different practice areas. Regardless of the size or complexity of your case, we have the resources and fortitude needed to represent your best interest and fight for what you deserve.
We're Here For Our Clients 24/7
We often provide our clients with our direct cell phone numbers so that they can easily get in contact with our staff when it's most convenient for them.