Houston Premises Liability Lawyers
Property-Related Injury Claims & Lawsuits
You have the right to assume that you will be kept relatively safe from unreasonable hazards when you are on someone else’s property. Residential and commercial property owners alike owe you a duty of care under Texas liability laws. If you are hurt due to a failure of that duty, then you could have the chance to seek compensation to help set things right.
Robins Cloud LLP and our Houston premises liability attorneys are here to help with your case if you were hurt while working, shopping, visiting a neighbor, enjoying a day in the park, and so on. No matter where you were injured, if someone else was supposed to maintain that property and keep you safe, you should speak with our team to learn about your legal options. With a properly constructed claim by our team of professionals, you can take the case against any sized opposition.
Robins Cloud LLP handles premises liability claims in Houston. Call (800) 691-2363 to learn more.
Types of Premises Liability Accidents & Claims
Premises liability is a broad legal area that covers any question of liability related to the maintenance of a piece of real estate property. Ranging from individual homes and apartment complexes to retail stores and offices, premises liability law can apply to accidents on every property. You do not need to struggle to find a legal team that can help you, though. Robins Cloud LLP has the knowledge and resources needed to successfully handle a premises liability claim, no matter the property type involved or accident that happened there.
We can help with premises liability claims that involve the following and more:
- Slip and fall accidents: Thousands of slip and fall accidents happen in Texas every year, and many of them could be answered with a premises liability claim. If you slipped or tripped on someone else’s property—perhaps due to slick tile flooring, uplifted carpeting, stray debris, poor lighting, broken steps, etc.—you should talk to our firm right away about what to do next.
- Dog bites: Dog owners need to control their pets whenever they are near someone else. If you were visiting a neighbor’s house and their dog attacked you, for example, you could have grounds to file a claim because the owner did not do enough to ensure you were safe from the dog should it become aggressive.
- Attractive nuisances: Equipment or decorations that could be appealing to children but are also dangerous are called “attractive nuisances,” such as swimming pools, swing sets, and workbenches. Property owners must take reasonable steps to make sure that children can’t reach an attractive nuisance unattended.
- Inadequate security: Certain property owners must take extra steps to secure their property to deter criminal activity there. For example, a bar that is open late at night and in an area with a high crime rate should hire a bouncer to watch over patrons and stop assaults. Failing to provide adequate security can make a property owner liable for the harm caused by crime on their property.
- Toxic exposure: If a property has unsafe substances present, then those materials must be stored and used safely. People who become exposed to those toxic substances and fall ill can bring a claim against the property owner who did not protect them from that exposure.
Injuries in Premises Liability Claims
We can help clients who have suffered all sorts of injuries due to a property defect. To get a full understanding of your injuries, we can work with your primary care physician and medical care team. If your life has changed for the worse because of an injury suffered on someone else’s property, then we can help you take the next legal steps.
Injuries often reported in premises liability claims include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Lacerations and scars
- Toxic exposure-related illnesses
Compensation Owed to You
What is the value of your premises liability claim? Our Houston premises liability attorneys can help you figure that out. In fact, you can leave that part of the injury claim process entirely up to our team. We can accurately calculate the damages owed to you, whether that amount is $10,000 or $10,000,000.
The compensation secured in a successful premises liability claim can help pay for:
- Past and future medical treatment costs
- Past and future lost wages and income
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced enjoyment of life
When Does a Property Owner Need to Fix a Hazard?
Property owners are typically expected to fix a property defect “as soon as reasonable.” This generalized expectation gives some flexibility to the property owner, depending on the defect, how dangerous it is, where it is, and when they learn of it. The relationship between the visitor and the property owner is also important.
For example, if a slipping hazard is in plain sight in a retail store, then it should be fixed immediately before a customer slips on it. On the other hand, a homeowner might have little expectation to fix a cracked step on the back patio because only invited guests would be near it. In that situation, the homeowner should still warn welcomed guests about the hazard.
Texas Comparative Negligence Statute
Texas uses a modified comparative negligence statute when considering a premises liability claim. As a plaintiff, your liability cannot reach or exceed 51%. If it does, then you can’t make a recovery against the defending property owner at all. Your liability will also be reduced by your liability percentage, too, so it is important to work with a legal team that knows how to keep your liability as low as possible.
Arrange a Consultation with Our Firm Today
If you have any questions about how to start a premises liability claim in Texas, come to Robins Cloud LLP. Our team of premises liability lawyers would be happy to get you started with a no-cost consultation. During this initial discussion, we can determine if you have a valid claim. If you do, then we can talk about what to do next, so you can pursue the compensation owed to you.
Pick up the phone and dial (800) 691-2363 today.
We're Here For Our Clients 24/7
We often provide our clients with our direct cell phone numbers so that they can easily get in contact with our staff when it's most convenient for them.
Helping People Recover Their Losses
Over the past three decades, we've assisted our clients in a variety of different practice areas. Regardless of the size or complexity of your case, we have the resources and fortitude needed to represent your best interest and fight for what you deserve.
We'll Come to You
If you've been injured or need legal assistance and are in another state, please feel free to contact our team. We're committed to meeting our clients where it's most convenient for them.
Experience You Can Trust
We've handled some of the most complex mesothelioma, personal injury, and fire lawsuit cases in the country. With more then 100+ years of combined experience, we know what it takes to win in court.